Proposal For Outdoor X Show 2019
The Outdoor X Show 2018 attracted over 34 837 visitors and 375 exhibitors. The aim is to attract
40 000 attendees for the weekend, providing the best opportunity to attract new prospects, introduce new products and give product demonstrations to buyers in the field.
The exhibition area is always a perfect marketing place for the latest and most innovative products and technologies.
Exhibitions reach unknown prospects:
Exhibitors meet new people, uncover unknown buying influences and also discover that 88% of attendees have not been called on by one of their sales people in the preceding 12 months.
This statistic has remained consistent for more than 20 years.
87% said that face-to-face marketing works the best. It allows for overcoming objections straight away and creates positive brand awareness.
- National Magazines (African Outfitter, Caravan & Outdoor, SA 4X4, Leisure Wheels, Bow Hunter, SA Jagter, Offroad & Adventure).
- TV – Kyknet – Groot Ontbytsake
- Radio ( East Rand Radio, VCR, OFM & IFM)
- Electronic media – Facebook, Twitter, E-Mail, Websites, Bulk Sms Campaigns, video clips etc.
- Newspapers ( Beeld, Ster, Vaal Weekly)
- Street pole posters – major routes Vaal Triangle
- Mobile Trailers campaign
- Face to face marketing
- Advertising stickers on vehicles
Research done by The Centre for Exhibition Industry Research CEIR:
Exhibitions are the Number One source for visitors who make the final purchasing decisions.
Exhibitions 90%; Direct Sales and Field Sales 75%; Public Relations 75%; Internet 63%;
Direct Mail 58%; Trade Publications and Journal Advertising 55%; Telemarketing 50%
Main Reasons For Exhibiting:
- Excellent exposure (not only from local people attending but also nationally)
- Brand awareness
- Result in sales and ultimately in profits
- Launch new products, vehicles, equipment & services
- Demonstrate new technology
- Collect valuable sales leads
- Face to face interaction with clients
- General public
- Outdoor enthusiasts
- 4×4 owners
- Home Owners
- Car, bike & boat enthusiasts
- Holiday and adventure seekers
- Pet Lovers
- Sport and Recreational Enthusiast
- Business Owners
- Woman and Children